Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cartoon of the Day: The Ice Bucket Challenge



Well, after showing a number of videos of people taking the "Ice Bucket Challenge" in Second Life, it wasn't long before I was nominated myself by C-Wing, an occasional visitor to Club Zero Gravity. Well, as stated before, I just don't simply do something. And after a little thought, I came up with the cartoon idea above.


So I finally took the plunge, but not as a fox but as a feline. So here's your shivering ice cold wet kitty picture.

I haven't seen as many challenge videos in the past few days as last week, so it's possible the Ice Bucket Challenge may finally be starting to lose steam. It hasn't been without criticism, notably people wondering why do we need gimmicks to raise awareness and money for a disease. But the result has been millions more raised for ALS. Gimmicky or not, the results speak for themselves.

The challenge is still available to be taken at Alpha Centauri (164/173/28), and possibly other areas.

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment