Monday, September 18, 2017

Jayra Magic and JFC Bikes

By Wesley Regenbogen

About Jayra Magic

Jayra Magic is the owner and creator of the JFC Bikes and the store. She’s a bike builder and has a bike store. Making bikes in Second Life is her passion and she’s good at her job. Her bikes are awesome bikes, because she puts her passion into making them.

I met Jayra Magic at the place where she makes her bikes, after she teleported me over.

I first asked how she was doing and she told me “I’m doing fine” and she asked how I was doing and I told her I was doing very well.

I asked how she got started in Second Life and how she got started as a bike creator. She told me that a friend of her told her about Second Life and that it didn’t take too long before she met people that liked bikes as she did.

Next, I asked her how bikes are made and what processes that it goes through to get into the final product and ready to be sold. She told me that there are multiple ways to get a bike made : she buys bike parts and puts them together until it looks like a bike, or she buys bike-kits and puts her own scripts into it and also adds her own textures.

Creating a bike can take weeks, she also told me. So, making bikes is time consuming. It takes so long because she has her own vision on how it needs to look and sometimes she can't find the right bike parts. So, that's why she makes her own bike parts too. She wants every bike to have their own character and not only a look. So fine tuning it can also take a few days work.

Then I asked her if she has a collaboration with other bike creators or she only works solo. She told me that she always likes to learn from other bike creators and that Lexei Glas (LG Bikes) teached her the important things about Second Life bikes. She has a special collaboration with Moppi Riddler, the bike outfit creator called MRSTYLE, they have been friends for over 9 years. Her shop is located next to the JFC bike store.

When I asked her where she gets the inspiration for creating bikes in Second Life, she told me that gets many ideas from customers and also from real life role models and also her own fantasies and ideas that she has.

Then I asked her if she has lots of customers from MCs, or motorcycle clubs, around Second Life. She told me that she has many people from MC’s in Second Life, but also non MC related people that want to buy a bike. There are many people that are in a MC in Second Life that ride bikes from JFC. She is proud that people ride her bikes in Second Life.

I asked her what if a customer wants a custom made bike. She told me that if it doesn’t cost her more to make it, she sells it at the regular price, but she currently is unable to make custom bikes. She doesn’t make bikes for 1 person, but she wants to make bikes for everybody out there. She wants to share her creations ( the bikes ) with everyone.

The last question I asked was what plans that she has for the future. She told me that she hopes to keep on selling bikes and that her shops continues to grow and that her store runs for a couple of years at least. And she hopes that she never runs out of ideas to make bikes. She also hopes that she can spend more time exploring biker sims and also join in on parties/concerts and also doing some sailing in Second Life.

I thanked her for taking the time for doing the interview and wished her luck in the future.


Wesley Regenbogen

No comments:

Post a Comment